How Do I Need To Supply My Components?Bittele Electronics Inc. is conveniently located in Toronto, Canada, so there is no need to worry when the need to send us components arises. We get inquires from clients on where or how to consign us various parts. We are able to accept those parts and they can be easily shipped to our head office in Canada.
Clients are free to send their components through their preferred means (DHL, FedEx, UPS etc.). You may send parts for multiple projects at once, however it is important to be sure that the parts are all clearly labeled with their manufacturer part number as well as the project quotation number and BOM line number associated with that part. The quotation number will be the number starting with a “Q”, followed by 5 numbers, a letter, and a final number (e.g. Q12345A1). This is critical since our production department needs the information to recognize the components quickly (if the parts do not get labeled properly, your order may get delayed due to increase of processing time).
Extra care should be taken while dispatching surface mount (SMT) components. SMT parts should be sealed firmly, as sending loose parts may result in parts damage and thus delay the production. For SMT placement, cut tapes are acceptable, an extra 50 pieces are required for passive parts like capacitors and resistors with small packages. Moisture sensitive parts should be sent in moisture-proof packaging and static components in anti-static packaging to protect them from damage. Please ship the parts in one shipment from your office to us and declare the value in the invoice as small as possible.
If you are providing bare PCBs via consignment for assembly, please note that your bare boards must meet the following requirements:
1) The boards will need to include rails with fiducials
2) Minimum width: 2” (50.8mm) – if the PCB is smaller than 2 inches the tooling rails will need to compensate for this difference
3) Maximum paneling size: 250 mm x 250 mm
4) If components exceed the edge of the board, the PCBs on a panel must be separated with enough space so that the components do not reach other boards.
Lastly, please send us the tracking number when it is available, so we can better follow up with the package.
The shipping address is:
Bittele Electronics Inc
2680 14th Avenue, Unit 1&2,
Markham, ON L3R 5B2, Canada
Tel: (416) 800-7540
- Do Not Include (DNI) vs. Consigned Parts - A Contrast
- PLCC Component Packages
- The Benefits of Embedded Discrete Components
- How Component Packages Can Affect the PCB Production Process
- Proper Component Alignment for PCB Assembly