PCB Assembly ChecklistOnce your PCB design is finished, and ready to be sent off to Bittele for PCB Fabrication and/or PCB Assembly. From this point, you will need to know what types of files are required in order to get a quote, and what might be expected from you as a client during the production process. This article gives a brief, point-form overview of those requirements for quick reference. For further details, please see our more comprehensive articles on The PCB Assembly Process, and Design Files For Turnkey Service.
To Get a Quote
- Gerber or ODB++ Files: Describe the physical PCB characteristics – required for all PCB services
- RS-274X format for Gerbers
- Centroid / Pick & Place File: Used to program Bittele’s machines for accurate part placement
- .CSV format
- Bill of Materials: Matches reference designators in the Centroid to real world part numbers
- Excel (.XLS or .XLSX) format
- Drawings: Supplementary, but useful for complex fabrication or assembly requirements
- Usually .PDF format
- Special Requirements: Commonly listed within drawings, and stated in the quote request email
During the Production Process
- BOM Questions: Bittele’s parts procurement team might have questions in the first 1-2 days after a turnkey order is placed; normally solved over email
- DFM Questions: Bittele’s engineering team performs a review of your design in the first 1-2 days after the order is placed; often sent over email as an Excel file with images to explain questions
- High Resolution Photos: Are sent out via email as soon as the PCBs are finished assembly, and the shipment is held pending your review and approval of the photos
You will also receive a tracking link for your order when Bittele’s accounts department confirms your initial payment. Our production team will update the status of your order on a daily basis using this link, which also includes estimates for the final shipping date of your order.
If you find yourself with any further questions about Bittele’s processes, or what might be required from you at any step along the way, please feel free to contact one of our representatives at any time! We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or toll free at 1-888-812-1949.